Andrea Davulis’ practice is focused on the defense of medical providers in medical malpractice and professional liability matters. Andrea’s practice also includes general civil litigation defense.
Awards & Recognition
- In 2018, Andrea was recognized as a "Rising Star," based on a vote of licensed attorneys in the state and a review by an independent blue ribbon panel, as published in Boston Magazine and New England Super Lawyers
- "Real Evidence," Massachusetts Evidence: A Courtroom Reference, MCLE, Inc. (2018) (co-author)
- Tired of Tribunals: A Proposal to Combine Section 60L's "Notice of Claim" Requirement with Certificates of Merit in Massachusetts Medical Malpractice Litigation, 48 SUFFOLK U. L. REV 867 (2015)
- "Interrogatories," Massachusetts Discovery Practice, MCLE, Inc. (2017) (co-author)
Andrea is recently admitted to the Massachusetts and Rhode Island bars, and she brings with her an eight-year career as a paralegal in medical malpractice defense litigation. Over the course of her career as a paralegal, Andrea assisted the senior partner in all aspects of medical malpractice defense litigation, including at numerous trials. She conducted legal research for and drafted sections of appellate briefs, motions for summary judgment, discovery motions, and discovery requests and responses. While a paralegal by day, she attended law school at night, earning her J.D. with a Health & Biomedical Law Concentration in May 2015. She was a member of Suffolk University Law Review, and her Note entitled Tired of Tribunals: A Proposal To Combine Section 60L’s “Notice of Claim” Requirement with Certificates of Merit in Massachusetts Medical Malpractice Litigation, 48 SUFFOLK L.R. 867, was published in December 2015. In addition, she served as her section's Representative on the Student Bar Association for all four years of law school.
- Suffolk University Law School
- Honors: Dean's Public Citizenship Award, Academic Leadership Scholarship Award Recipient, Jurisprudence Awards in Contracts and Commercial Paper
- Suffolk University
Paralegal Studies Certificate, 2007
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
magna cum laude
- Honors: Departmental Honors in Political Science
- Massachusetts, 2015
- Rhode Island, 2015